It’s unfortunate how quick our generation is to deem anything above mediocrity as class or “the greatest”. I was never more sure of this when i saw multiple posts claiming Frank ocean was the “new” Langston Hughes after releasing his letter speaking on his love of another man. I saw comments such “one of the greatest writers of our generation” and other similar comments.
Or those who claim other stars are historic figures. I’m not disputing this but I guess the “test of time” is a illegitimate obstacle for artists nowadays I guess i just loved how artists such a Michael Jackson, Tupac etc. earned their title after a long illustrious fruitful career.
It just rubs me the wrong way, that we award such great artists to those who imo just haven’t earned it yet
- jamaicamibornandgrow likes this
- somethingratchet reblogged this from blackmanonthemoon and added:
- datsyrup reblogged this from blackmanonthemoon
- theballadofdevon likes this
- lickingtheenvelope reblogged this from blackmanonthemoon
- mythical-crap likes this
- theresfireinmyveins likes this
- toh-ska reblogged this from blackmanonthemoon
- genius-chile likes this
- godswithinus reblogged this from blackmanonthemoon
- godswithinus likes this
- blackanthropologie likes this
- blackmanonthemoon posted this